Yoga means different things to different people:
- Physically – it is a means to health, longevity and improving one’s quality of life;
- Mentally – it is a means to stillness;
- Emotionally – it is a means to calmness/equanimity;
- Spiritually – it is a means of achieving union of one’s self with Self (One, Universal Self).
- Improves your strength and stamina
- Increases flexibility
- Builds balance
- Sharpens one’s focus and intellect
- Brings about a sense of calmness and serenity.
- Alleviate stress, anxiety and depression
- Overtime it relieves headaches, insomnia, and digestive disorders, among others.
- The practice of breathing techniques improves vitality and health as well as calming the mind.
- Meditation brings a sense of inner peace and self-awareness.